Monday, August 27, 2012
Monday, August 13, 2012
THE WESTERN MARYLAND CHAPTER OF US LACROSSE
PRESENTS FALL BALL 2012
Girl’s & Boy’s Elementary & Middle School
Fall Ball League designed with the multi-sport student athlete in mind!!!
This program will enhance the 2nd – 8TH graders lacrosse experience through challenging game exposure in a 7v7 format on Sunday afternoons. This format will provide more touch time and instructional opportunities. The chosen timeframe has minimal to no impact on additional activities and seasonal sports allowing the student athletes to pursue other interests. It is our desire for these players to become multi-sport student athletes while keeping a stick in their hands year round. This is a recreational league.
Who: Open to all aspiring lacrosse players & teams!
• 4 age brackets for girls & boys: U-9, U-11, U-13 and U-15
o Any exception must submit a written request to Tom Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org The chapter BOD will vote on each individual request. o We reserve the right to merge levels and/or teams if there are not enough at each age bracket
• Recommended minimum of 9 players per team, maximum 14 but we reserve the right to place individuals on teams to ensure everyone has a place to play.
• Programs submitting multiple teams per age bracket are encouraged to submit equitable teams…this is a rec program.
• While registration is completed individually we recommend pre-forming teams with a defined coach.
What: 7 v 7 format, reduced field size w/officials
• More touch time and instructional opportunities
ALL officials US Lacrosse certified, trained & mentored
When: Sundays September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, and 28
• Each team will play one game between 11:00 and 7:00 pm
• Girls will host a multi-game play day on October 7th so there will be no boys games that day
• Boys will host a game day on September 30th so there will be no girls games that day
How: Registration will open online around the middle of June at www.wmduslax.org
$75 per player + 4.95 processing fee! NO INCREASE IN 6 YRS!!!
Every player must register online individually or teams may register
Team fee of $900 required for 12 boys/girls
• US Lacrosse membership is required for all players, coaches, asst coaches, officials…anyone on the field or player sidelines. Please go to www.uslacrosse.org and renew or become a member today.
• Be sure to fill in the proper name of your team and age bracket. If you are not registering with a team, please enter individual and individual players will be placed on open teams. Questions? Contact Tom Powell 240-481-1105 email@example.com
ALL COACHES & OFFICIALS ONLY
Required pre-season meeting for rules, expectations & schedules is August 29, 2012
5:00 PM Urbana Regional Library, 9020 Amelung St., Urbana, 21704
One coach per TEAM must be present…all are recommended to participate!
The library does not promote or endorse the views of the program sponsors or presenters.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Be sure to secure your child's spot on one of our teams from Ballenger Creek Park or Utica District Park.
NFL YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
This is a non-competitive, 5vs5 league, with teams of up to 10 players. Jersey
and flag belts will be provided. Games will be played on Saturdays at Utica and/or
Ballenger Creek Parks. Volunteer coaches needed and meeting will be held on
Wednesday, August 29th at 6pm at Utica Park. Game times to be announced.
Practices will be held one night a week according to the schedule below. All
participants must wear a mouthpiece. All requests must be made at time of registration and will only be accepted at time of registration. Not all requests are granted.
If you sign up under Head Coach’s child you will be expected to coach a team.
Participant’s age is determined by how old they will be on September 1, 2012.
5-14 years / 8 wks / $60 per participant / $40 per head coaches’ child