Friday, January 29, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Some of the benefits of the Character Counts Program are:
· Coaches learn expectations from your organization
· Increased Sportsmanship among coaches
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
- Check with facility (program location) for their recommended safety procedures.
- Before the program starts, check all equipment and facilities for safety hazards.
- Train volunteers and program leaders in health and safety plans.
- Volunteers, and if possible participants, should provide information about relevant medical conditions.
- Volunteers, and participants should furnish emergency contact information to the onsite coaches and program leaders.
- All volunteers and program leaders who have direct contact with participants should under go a background investigation.
- Each program should have a readily available 1st aid kit.
- Volunteers and program leaders should hold current certifications in infant, child, and adult CPR, 1st Aid and AED.
Two Frederick County residents will be honored on Monday evening, February 15, at the Maryland State House in Annapolis for the fourth annual "Mid-Atlantic Recreation and Parks Sports Alliance (MARPSA) GoodSports Awards Ceremony." Both candidates, one a coach from Woodsboro New/Midway Recreation Council and the other a basketball participant from Ballenger Creek Recreation Council , were selected by the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Frederick County Association of Recreation Councils.
Tom Fraley will be recognized for his active participation as a coach with the Woodsboro/New Midway Recreation Council in the areas of basketball, softball, and baseball over the past several years. His dedication to the children in our community has been described as "extraordinary."
Amanda Fioravanti, a former student at Ballenger Creek Middle School this past year, participated as a member of the Ballenger Creek Recreation Council's Lady Bulldogs Mid Maryland Basketball Team. Amanda led the Lady Bulldogs last year to a 16-1 record and a Division Championship, the best ever with the Mid Maryland Ballenger Creek Recreation Council Program.
The MARPSA GoodSports Award program provides an opportunity for member agencies to recognize both young athletes and coaches who have modeled GoodSports behaviors in local athletics. The Association of Recreation Council's participation in the GoodSports Award program has created a way to honor all athletic based recreation council's in Frederick County. Recreation Council's in Frederick submit nominees and from those nominees, two are selected, one to represent coaches, and one to represent athletes. Both are then honored at this ceremony in Annapolis along with other coaches and athletes from all over the state.
Frederick County Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Association of Recreation Council's congratulates both Amanda and Tom for their outstanding sportsmanship.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Baseball season is knocking on the door! This 6 week program is designed to tone and enhance players skills, while geting back into the swing of Baseball after the long winter. Class starts soon so sign up now! Don't forget your glove! Call 301-600-2936 for more information or Click the picture to register!